Drill Hall House is a remarkable architectural project led by Tobias Partners. The former army drill hall, built in 1905, underwent a meticulous restoration and adaptation process to transform it into a contemporary open home. The architects successfully achieved a modern aesthetic while preserving and incorporating the original details, respecting the existing form, site attributes, and the owners’ requirements. The restoration primarily focused on the front façade, the original brickwork on the sides, the slate roof, steel roof truss structures, and the interior roof form. Partridge collaborating with the team to ensure the structural integrity of the building throughout the restoration, providing expertise in analysing, reinforcing, and preserving the historic elements while incorporating the desired contemporary features.